A massive expansion to The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth—the game that made living in your mother’s basement cool—has been in the works for a while. And now with an official release date of October 30th and the opportunity to pre-purchase the game at a discounted price, the release of The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth feels right around the gruesome corner.
So what can we look forward to? According to the Steam page:
- Over 100 hours of MORE gameplay
- Greed Mode – a whole new way to play, focused on risk/reward
- Expanded main game – a new final area with a new final boss
- Daily Runs – play a new official run, everyday!
- Online Leaderboards – compete for highscore/best time
- 10 totally new and awesome challenges!
- 1000+ new room designs, as well as room
- MONSTROUSLY UPDATED WEAPON COMBO SYSTEM!
- 120 new items–not counting tons of new pickups, chests, pills, bombs and cards–taking the item count up beyond 500!
- Alternate soundtrack!
- Tons of new secret transformations!
- MOAR new achievements
- Lilith, mother of demons, a totally new playable character
- 4 new alternate chapters with new enemy types and visual themes
- Revised seed code combo system and new special seeds
- 100+ enemies, with new designs
- 8 new bosses
- Even more rooms FULL OF POOP!
- and probably at least 5 other features we can’t remember due to all the crap that we threw into this little monster
And in spite the fact that part of those features are redundant and/or don’t make any sense, there’s still a heaping ton of new stuff to look forward to. And if you nab it before the release, you’ll get the thing for an evil $6.66 USD, which is a full 39% off the regular price.